Friday, October 14, 2011

Insights from one of our artists, Wen LePore

Pete's Tree by Wen LePore


I have been interested in art since I was a kid. I grew up in an artistic family - my Dad was a musician and my mom an actress. I wanted to be a painter, but my mom thought training was too expensive for our family. She also told me "artists are not as respected as they should be." I became a math teacher according to her guidance, but my dream to be a painter never left my mind.



                Running by Wen LePore



I decided to use art to introduce myself in America since I know it is not easy to communicate with people of different cultural backgrounds. My dad told me art affects people across countries as we listened to world famous classical music. I think it is much easier to use visual art to express my thinking and creativity than using my poor English. My first painting was completed in February, 2006. Now I am pretty sure my mom was wrong, and I am so happy I have been painting seriously since September, 2008. In 2010 I became a member of Arlington Artists Alliance, and I have grown a lot as an artist with our members’ help. It has been a very good beginning of my life in United States.




Flying by Wen LePore






I have to say that I am a 100% American-trained painter, and my style should be a brand new word I call “ACE”. It describes the influences of Abstract, Cubism, and Expressionism present in my work.

Wen LePore






No comments: